The information made available on our Website relates to gaming sites and the gaming industry, and may contain references to links or advertisements on external third-party websites and other third-party content (collectively with the Website: the “Services”). If you follow a link to any of these third-party websites, we emphasise that these websites have their own unique privacy (and cookies) policies and you should review these policies before you decide to submit any personal information to these websites.
Types of collected information
1. Personal Information
We collect information by which a person can be identified or might be identified with reasonable effort ("Personal Information"):
- If you choose to subscribe to our email distribution group through the Website, you will be requested to provide us with your name and email address.
- When sending us a message or contacting us through the Website, you will be requested, among other things, to provide us your personal details, which may include the following: full name; email address, telephone number, postal address, and any other details you choose to provide within the message.
- We may also gather Personal Information from the device you are using such as: your IP address and other online identifiers (i.e. online data collected from devices, applications and protocols which may leave traces from which personal identification is, in limited circumstances, theoretically possible).
2. Non-personal Information
The use of the Services may result in the collection of un-identified and non-identifiable information relating to an individual (“Non-personal Information”).
Information transmitted by your device might be included as part of the collection of Non-personal Information. This includes aggregated usage information and technical information (such as your IP address and other online identifiers), as well as certain software and hardware information, such as the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language, preference as to access times to the Website's domain name from which you have accessed the Services.
Information regarding your activity on the Services and engagement on the Website might also be collected to enhance the functionality of our Services.
In circumstances where Personal Information is collated with Non-personal Information, we will secure and treat such information as Personal Information.
When you are viewing a website, a small piece of information is assigned to your device called a “cookie”. This allows you to navigate between pages in a more efficient way, enabling automatic activation of certain features, as well as remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker, easier and smoother.
Information on the cookies used on our Website and the reasons for which we use them, is contained below:
- 'Session cookies' – these are stored in a temporary memory during a browsing session and are deleted when the browser is closed. The Website uses strictly necessary cookies that are necessary for the normal operation of our Website. If you disable these, your experience on our Website may be reduced.
- 'Persistent cookies' – these types of cookies are set by our third-party service providers, for example, third party web traffic analytics companies who monitor and analyse your engagement with our Website for data analytics purposes. These types of cookies are typically held for longer periods of time (approximately 1 year) according to the cookies policies of such third-party service providers (which we have no control over). These cookies fall under the following categories:
- Analytical/performance cookies: These are cookies which collect anonymous visitor data. They enable us to see how visitors navigate throughout the Website and help to ensure visitors are able to access what they are looking for with ease.
- Functionality cookies: These types of cookies are useful when we need to identify you in the case of repeated visits, as it allows us, for example, to store your preferences for the next visit; and
- Targeting cookies: These cookies help to make our Website more relevant to your interests as they track the pages you click on and the links you visit.
You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your internet browser which enables you to turn off the setting of all or some cookies. However, it is important to note that some features of the Website and Services may not operate properly and the overall online experience may become limited if you decide to disable all cookies.
Links to other services and websites
Using your information
- Maintaining the safety and security of our Website;
- Measuring or ascertaining the relevance of the content displayed to you;
- Communicating with and informing you of our latest updates and newsletters;
- Marketing and advertising websites, services and products;
- Assigning you the right to view content which is shared on our Services;
- Improving and customising our Services by performing research or conducting analytics;
- Bringing together pieces of information related to you from our third party services providers, for the purpose of obtaining a full picture of what type of services you are looking for; and
- Responding to your queries by troubleshooting and improving our Services.
In addition, we may use Personal Information in order to comply with applicable laws, regulations and other governmental authority requirements, or to comply with any request by a court of competent jurisdiction or similar legal process.
Sharing your information
Personal information that we gather might be shared by us in the following ways:
- Service providers and others
Your Personal Information may be shared by the Company with certain trusted business partners and third-party service providers, in order to make it possible for them to perform their functions and process user data on our behalf, such as:
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics; and
- Communicating promotional and informational materials.
In order to provide you with promotional materials, which in our opinion may interest you, such as materials regarding our Services, products, websites and applications that relate to the Company's business partners and affiliates ("Marketing Partners"), your Personal Information might be used by us (including your name and email address).
We greatly respect your right to privacy and as such, we will always provide you with the option to decline such marketing materials or offers from us or from our Marketing Partners. Moreover, you can always request to unsubscribe in order to stop receiving marketing offers that we provide to you.
If you choose to unsubscribe from our further marketing offers, your email address will be removed from our marketing distribution lists.
- Other disclosures
Your Personal Information might be shared and disclosed by us to auditors, advisers and any potential purchasers or investors in the Company. We may also disclose such data to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
In the event of a corporate transaction in which the Company has any interest, including for example, the sale of a significant part of the Company's business, a merger or the purchase of any business or asset by the Company, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective vendor or purchaser of such business or assets.
In addition to the above, information submitted by you through the Services, might also be disclosed if we believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary in order to comply with any legal obligation, applicable law or governmental request; enforce any intellectual property or other legal rights; take action regarding any illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; enforce our policies; exercise our rights to contest legal claims; and prevent harm to the rights or safety of us, yourself or any third-party.
Retention of your information
We will endeavor to correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information, but will not be liable for any outdated Personal Information stored or processed.
You may lawfully request us to stop processing your Personal Information for marketing purposes (excluding data that we are required to maintain under any applicable laws) by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will usually let you know (before collecting your data) if we propose to use your Personal Information for such marketing purposes or if we propose disclosing your Personal Information to any third party for such purposes. You may choose to restrict such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information.
Securing and transferring your information
It is important for us to provide sufficient security for the Services as well as for your information. Accordingly, implementation and maintenance of security is provided with considerable care: we employ industry standard procedures and policies to prevent unauthorised use of any such information. Even though we make significant efforts to safeguard your information, we make no warranty that we will be able to prevent unlawful access to your information or any exploitation of our Services.
Regretfully, transmitting information over the internet is not totally secure. Although we endeavour to protect your Personal Information, we are unable to guarantee that your Personal Information transmitted to our Website shall be secure; any transmission remains your own risk.
It should be emphasized that if you are under 18 years old, you must not use the Services or provide any Personal Information to us. These Services are not designated for individuals under this age.
If you reach the conclusion that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. As we have the right to access and verify any Personal Information which is collected from you by us, in the event that we become aware of the fact that a minor has shared any information, then this information will be discarded by us.
Information about us
Questions regarding the Services or the information that we collect about you and about our use of the Services, should be sent to us at email@example.com.